Welcome to EDUCAUSE Connect—the new community platform for professionals across higher education IT to connect and collaborate. Here, you can ask your peers questions and share your ideas and expertise, find solutions to issues or opportunities you face, and explore common interests with peers and industry experts.
EDUCAUSE Connect is the home of EDUCAUSE Community Groups (CGs), which are online communities where higher education professionals learn from and network with each other around shared topics and interests.
Over 70 CGs are available and open to both EDUCAUSE members and nonmembers. To join a community and access all of the features of the platform, you will need to log in to EDUCAUSE Connect via your EDUCAUSE Profile.*
After you’ve logged in, please take a few minutes to complete the following to get the most out of your experience.
* Don’t have an EDUCAUSE Profile? Create an account and navigate back to your community of interest once your profile has been confirmed. Please allow up to two business days for your profile to be activated.
- Complete your EDUCAUSE Connect Profile. Visit your EDUCAUSE Connect Profile to add or edit your bio, photo, and more. At a minimum, please review and set your privacy settings found under the “My Account” tab within your Connect Profile.
- Set your EDUCAUSE Connect communication notification preferences. Navigate to your EDUCAUSE Connect Profile and select the “My Account Tab” to review and manage your email preferences and community notifications sent from the platform.
- Browse available communities. Over 70 CGs are available on a range of higher education IT topics and interests. Navigate to the Explore Communities page to view communities which you belong to or can join.
- Subscribe to new communities. Found a new community of interest? Simply click the “Join” button next to (or within) the CG you’d like to subscribe to. From there, you can choose how you’d like to receive messages from the discussion group (real time, daily digest, or no email).
- View existing conversations and resources. Each community has its own conversation threads, library resources, and blogs. Navigate to a community and check out the homepage or use the tabs at the top of the page to click through the available resources and conversations.
- Join the discussion. From the “Discussion” tab within each community, you can post a new message to start a conversation. You can also respond to a thread by clicking on the “Reply” button within the thread. Keep in mind, you can enjoy the convenience of email to communicate with other CG subscribers without logging into the platform.
- Share resources. If you have an article, document, video, or other practical tool or resource that community subscribers could benefit from, upload it to the community resource library within your CG of interest.
- Add the platform email domain to your safe senders list.
To help make sure emails from the EDUCAUSE Connect platform reach your inbox, please add @ConnectedCommunity.org to your safe senders list or address book.
- Have questions or need help? Visit the EDUCAUSE Connect FAQs page, join the EDUCAUSE Connect Onboarding Support community, or send us a message. We’re happy to help.
- Take a quick video tour.
Can’t find a Community Group that meets your needs?
As the higher education technology environment continually evolves, participants in the EDUCAUSE community may identify areas of interest and relevance that aren’t yet addressed by an existing CG. You can request to establish a new CG by filling out this form.
EDUCAUSE staff will review your request before approving the group. If your proposed group is approved, we will provide you with tools to support you as a CG Leader. Learn more.